The application period for the Archival Advocacy Award is now open. Do you know a person or institution who provides extraordinary support of New England archival programs? Consider nominating them for the Archival Advocacy Award!
The award may be given to any individual outside of the archival profession, or any institution other than libraries or archives. In selecting those who will receive the award, special weight will be given to support that has had a broad long-term effect and may include, but are not
restricted to the following types of support:
sponsorship of successful political initiatives which have directly aided archives;
financial support of important archival programs;
increasing public awareness and support for archival issues.
1. Nominations must be submitted to the Awards Committee by December 1, 2014.
2. Nominations may be submitted electronically or on paper.
3. Candidates may be nominated by more than one person.
4. A nomination must include a letter detailing why the nominator feels the
candidate or institution deserves the NEA AAA. Additional materials including, but not
limited to a curriculum vitae (resume), publications, work products, course
outlines and evaluations, may be submitted but are not required.
5. Nominations may be resubmitted if not voted upon favorably by the AAA
For more information on the AAA, please go to:
The deadline to apply is December 1, 2014.
Please send nominations and supporting documentation to the Interim Chair:
NEA Archival Advocacy Award Committee
c/o Rosalie Gartner
120 Boylston St.
Boston, MA 02116-4324