Roundtable for Early Professionals and Students (REPS)
Brittany Austin (Early Professional) and Kristen Weischedel (Student)
The Roundtable for Early Professionals and Students (REPS) provides a forum for discussion and professional growth among members of the New England Archivists (NEA) who are in the early stages of their archival careers. These members include professionals, paraprofessionals, interns, and volunteers engaged in archival work; individuals who are transitioning into or are interested in pursuing archival careers; and students enrolled in archival courses of study. Any NEA member, regardless of experience level or years in the profession, who is interested in furthering the aims of this forum is welcome to join REPS.
Goals and Objectives
- To foster discussions in areas of interest to students and early professionals, such as:
- How to obtain, and succeed in, a professional position.
- How to engage in, and contribute to, the field of archives through such professional outlets as conferences, publications, and leadership opportunities in professional organizations.
- How to capitalize upon archival and continuing education.
- How to start and build upon professional networks.
- To encourage REPS members to participate in and assist with NEA’s initiatives by:
- Facilitating discussions among REPS members on NEA topics and programming ideas.
- Assisting REPS members with getting more involved with NEA.
- Giving REPS members the tools that they need to become future NEA leaders.
- Connecting REPS members with NEA leaders.
- To collaborate with other groups representing students and early professionals in order to advocate on behalf of early-career archivists.
- To encourage relationships between students and early professionals and those already well-established in the field by creating a space for them to communicate with one another outside of the work environment.
To get involved, contact the co-chairs at email@example.com or email Brittany Austin and Kristen Weischedel directly.
To join the list, we invite you to visit https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/nea_reps, where you can request membership, or email REPS Secretary Chris Tanguay, listserv moderator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.