New England Archivists is hosting a raffle for a NEA member to win one free seat in a SAA full-day workshop at the NEA Spring 2016 Meeting in Portland, Maine (#NEASp16). Any NEA member who shares or retweets this announcement on Facebook or Twitter using the NEA Spring 2016 hashtag* will automatically be entered to win.
* NEA members do not need to be on social media to be eligible to enter the raffle (see details below).
ABOUT THE SAA WORKSHOP
Date: Thursday March, 31, 2016Arrangement and Description of Electronic Records, Part I (DAS)
Time: 9:00 a.m. -- 5:00 p.m.
Place: Portland, Maine (NEA Spring 2016 Meeting)
This one–day course introduces you to processing strategies that are applicable to born-digital records, with an emphasis on basic concepts that archivists use to establish descriptive control over digital content. You’ll learn about standards and tools that can be used to implement an integrated processing strategy. You’ll also participate in a set of instructor–led exercises that arrange and describe some electronic records in ways that maintain the integrity and authenticity of the digital records.
For a more detailed description of this workshop, visit http://saa.archivists.org/events/arrangement-and-description-of-electronic-records-part-i-1633/636/
HOW TO ENTER:
Choose one of three ways to enter:
-- Facebook: “Like” NEA’s Facebook page and “share” this post on your own timeline (#NEASp16)
-- Twitter: Follow NEA’s Twitter account and retweet this announcement (#NEASp16)
-- Email: Email email@example.com with your name and contact information.
Fine Print: Please read before entering the raffle.
1. Entries will be accepted from Monday January 4, 2016 through Wednesday January 13th. The winner will be notified by Friday January 15, 2016.
2. You must be a member in good standing of the New England Archivists
3. This seat is non-transferable. You cannot give the seat to another person if you are unable to attend the workshop yourself. If the workshop is cancelled due to any reason, you cannot transfer it to another SAA workshop -- it is good for this workshop only. If you must cancel, please inform SAA directly.
4. You do not need to be on social media to enter to win. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org instead.
Registration for NEA Spring 2016 Meeting opens January 11th: Start thinking #NEAsp16 now!