Dear NEA members,
The 2018 Nominating Committee seeks candidates for this fall’s election for the following positions on the NEA Executive Board:
- Vice President/President-Elect
- Representative-at-Large (2 positions open)
Please consider nominating yourself or a colleague to join NEA’s leadership. Serving on the NEA Board is a great way to contribute to our regional archival association, help make decisions that will drive our institution, and gain tangible experience in areas such as strategic planning or budget management that will enhance your professional skills.
The NEA Board works collaboratively toward the goals outlined in NEA’s current Strategic Plan and strives to include many perspectives as it moves the organization forward. The Nominating Committee seeks candidates whose strengths and interests align with NEA’s strategic direction, and who are prepared for leadership in:
● Advocacy and Outreach – advocate for policies and resources that support archives and archivists and increase public appreciation of the profession
● Community – create opportunities for members to join together in collaborative, innovative ways
● Development – sustain growth through building income and meaningful engagement
● Education – cultivate and provide lifelong learning opportunities at all career stages
● Inclusion and Diversity – build an organization welcoming to, and representative of, all of New England’s archivists
More information about the responsibilities assigned to the Vice President/President-Elect Representative-at-Large, and Treasurer can be found here: https://www.newenglandarchivists.org/leadership
We encourage members at any stage of their career to consider running, and we especially encourage nominations representing all six New England states and all types of archival institutions. If you are interested in stepping into a regional leadership position or know someone who would be a good candidate, please use the Nomination Form. All submissions are anonymous and confidential. Questions about the election and the nominating process can be sent to any member of the Nominating Committee.
Nominations are due by Friday, September 7.
New England Archivists’ strength is its members, and each year we are privileged to elect new leaders from among you. Thank you for helping us continue to develop NEA as a strong and vibrant organization.
The 2018 NEA Nominating Committee
Ellen Doon (chair)
Jennifer Gunter King